Designing for the Earth’s Foundation
Everything on earth relies upon earth for support. Our buildings, roads, highways, airports, schools, hospitals, parks, farms and infrastructure rely on solid ground. The earth provides the foundation upon which we, and everything in the built environment, exist. Without solid ground, buildings sink, towers lean and cars get stuck in the mud.
At TEC, our geotechnical engineers investigate, characterize and engineer solutions to ground conditions to support our built environment. We are thinkers, problem solvers and team players to our very core.
Built on Solid Ground
We understand ground conditions and the challenges of designing, constructing and commissioning facilities in New England. Our geotechnical engineers work shoulder-to-shoulder with owners, designers, regulators and contractors, from concept to commissioning – that’s why the majority of our business comes from repeat or referral clients who have benefitted from our sensible solutions, responsive, professional service and team approach.
- Highway pavement bases and finishes
- Utility trenching and bedding procedures
- Shoreline protection systems
- Sea walls and jetties
- Pile-supported foundation systems
- Concrete slab and footing foundations
- Foundation failure analyses
- Test borings, corings and test pits
- Forensic evaluation of failed foundations
- Soils classifications and geologic formation evaluation
- Building materials evaluation reports